Friday, May 30, 2008

Counting Blessings




I went down to Grace Centers of Hope last night with a small advance team to gather a bit more info for the mission trip. We wanted to do some more measuring, and talk to the men that live in the house. Our objective is to encourage the guys that live there, and that won't happen if we change their living spaces so much that they don't like them. It is a big challenge. Jerry lives in this room. It is 8'x8'.

I try to imagine that I sleep in a room that is 8'x8'. Everything that I own is in that space. Everything. I share this room with another adult who is not my friend or relative. All I want is a little privacy. I have to thank God tonight for all that I have. No way could all of the things I own fit in an 8'x8' space along with my bed. And I have a list of other things that I want. And I will eventually get them. And I will have space for them. One of the things that strikes me when I am at GCH is how hugely God has blessed me. No matter what kind of stuff is going on in my life that I think is hard, He has blessed me with way more than I need.

Prayer needs:
  • God's provision for all that we need for the men
  • health for all team members
  • for all of the men living in the birdhouse: for their continued growth, health and safety

No comments: